Monday, February 20, 2006

Leo Love

What happens when two perfect people meet? Well, they fall in love and then, eventually find out the truth about one another.

I recently received my astrological chart from singer/songwriter and Jungian Psychology buff, Francis Dunnery. Much of it was so accurate it got me thinking. What if there was a dating website where member profiles not only included the lies people told about themselves, but where the ugly truth was slipped in as well? Think anyone would get a date?

Here’s a possible profile based on my chart. Some fact, some fiction, some pulled right out of a Libra Moon:

I'm 42, physically fit, sexy and charming. I'm a great source of comfort to those in need. I'm a homebody but also enjoy having cocktails in basement jazz clubs on hot Greenwich Village nights. My need for perfection is an enormous source of anxiety and often takes over my life. I'm in constant need of an audience and my emotions are untamed. If I see you talking to a beautiful woman, I will be jealous and get pissed--guaranteed. I’m looking for a man who will fulfill my dreams and help to sustain the fantasy world I prefer to live in. He must make me feel special, loved and whole, and be a father figure to my overindulged, bratty 8-year-old daughter.

To respond to this ad, please click here. Here … click here. Click here I said! Hello?

Responses: 0

3 comments:

SportyChick said...

Ha! We must have the same birthday... (except that I don't have the bratty 8-year old, I have cats instead).

Nice writing, btw, good blog.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Katie,

I'd have no problem doing whatever I could to make you feel whole and complete, and if you're living in a fantasy world, let me live there with you. Faithfully, Your Secret Admirer. (one of them, I mean)

Katie Bowen said...

Thanks for the compliment SC, and who is anonymous? On second thought, maybe I'd rather not know!