Thursday, March 02, 2006

Blast from my Past

I just came across this photo; I took it when I was in Spain for the first time about 20 years ago. I was there for the annual Feria and it was sheer madness and fun. Staying up all night, dancing on the streets of Seville with friends, drinking shots of whisky, then, just after sunrise, tossing back massive amounts of coffee along with Churros con Chocolate. After that we'd all head home, sleep until the afternoon, wake up to a Spanish home-cooked meal, drink more coffee and return to the fair for yet another night of celebrating …I don’t think I ever asked what they were celebrating. In the picture, this old lady got stuck holding a bunch of horses while the owner ran inside to grab breakfast. I eventually went over and helped her out. Click to see larger photo.

No comments: