Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Imagine That

Annie is using my broken cell phone as a toy. She sits in the living room having a long conversation with an imaginary girlfriend. She comes to me in the kitchen.

Annie: Mommy, I’m on the phone with my friend and she is really stressed out and has a big dilemma. Do you want to know what her dilemmas are?

Katie: Yes. Tell me what they are.

Annie: Well, first she moved to Connecticut but there were leeches there. Then her parents got a divorce because her dad is a racist. Then her horses keep bucking her off because there are hunters in Connecticut and when the horses hear the shooting noises they get spooked. My friend broke her bones, her mother broke her neck, her brother broke 10 plates and 16 glasses, and her dog broke her phone. That’s why I had to call her on her cell. Isn’t that a dilemma?

No comments: