Monday, May 15, 2006

Journal Entry -- Annie 2-Months-Old

Annie. Never have friends or boyfriends who treat you unkindly. Never. You are a gift to everyone you meet. If you're not respected and cared for by someone, walk the other way my darling, and just keep walking. You are a jewel; you are valuable, priceless, precious. You will be those things forever, even when you're having a bad hair day or when you don’t do well in class. And by the way, if any kids at school tease you, please tell me. I'll kill them. (Just kidding, but do tell me.) And also, would you please come to me with any problem you have? Friends, boys, sex, drugs, your period, need new shoes etc. I will always be here for you. Sure, I'll get mad at you, but I'll never judge you. I'll always accept you, and I won't punish you if you are honest with me and if you promise not to get into a stranger's car or let your boyfriend tell you what you can and cannot wear or that he wants you to lose 10 pounds or that you can't see your friends when you want to.

Promise me to stay safe and be yourself and not hang out with people that are too stupid. Oh, and please don’t marry a Republican, it would upset your daddy and I'd never hear the end of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»