Thursday, July 20, 2006

Happiness!

I spoke to Annie yesterday and she was wonderful! She was joyful and loving and adorable and funny and expressive and I am just so damn in love with that kid!

Last week, as I mentioned before, we received several heart-breaking letters from her as well as one phone call that began with a wave of homesick tears. But week two in New Hampshire has been a great one for Miss Annie. She's made a bunch of friends and has learned to canter on her horse, a huge step since she has, up until now, been a rather timid rider. On the phone yesterday she had only glowing things to say about her experience, and it lifted my spirits like you wouldn't believe. This coming Saturday is visiting day for parents whose kids are staying longer than 2 weeks, so although David can't make it, I’ll drive up myself, hang out and watch her ride, then she'll spend the night with me at a B&B, and on Sunday morning I’ll drop her off at the camp and head back to the city. (And I won't have to listen to David's Glitter Rock CD!)

I can't wait to see my little girl. I can't wait to take her to dinner, give her a bath, curl up in bed, cuddle with her, turn on a movie, read to her, sing to her, watch her fall asleep, whatever. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Dina said...

Oh, I came across your blog after having one of those "bad" days with my little girl (2 1/2 yrs ) and reading your letters and HOW much you miss your girl made my day feel "lighter". I give you credit...I dont know if I can pull 3 weeks away from her...but your RIGHT!!! ITS GOOD FOR THEM & YOU!
Thanks for the entertaining BLOG!! How could she not love that CAMP!!

p.s.Annie's letters made me go hug my girl and forget we had a "bad" day :)

Katie Bowen said...

I started this blog just to vent, the fact that you find it entertaining is so much fun for me, the fact that something I shared lifted your day and inspired you to hug your baby...that touches my heart in a way that I really can't express. Thanks for that Dina. Love, Katie