Friday, October 13, 2006

Paint and They Shall Follow...

Even back in David's days at NYU, "The Pink House" was known among East Village residents, primarily for its shocking color. Dave and his roommate answered an ad for an apartment in the building, but the landlord tried to squeeze too much money from the boys, so they went elsewhere.

Today you'd have to have big bucks to live anywhere in the East Village, and even then you'd never find an ad in the paper for a pad in "The Pink House." The fact that its color is ultimately the only thing that makes it an even more coveted address than its surrounding buildings, baffles me.

Perhaps I'll buy a place, paint it purple and charge triple the going rent. I bet it would work, and that is definitely something that makes me go, "Hmmm...." and makes me think $$$


Click to see Annie in Pink.

No comments: