Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Surreal Sedona

Before the second screening of our film began and I was getting ready to check picture and sound, a man from the theatre audience approached me and said, "You probably don’t remember me..." He went on to say that he was my neighbor when I was 18, living in Phoenix with my boyfriend Russell. I could feel the tape in my brain kick into high gear, rewinding at full speed, trying to leave the moment I was in and locate the time in history he spoke of. Though I couldn’t remember if we had barbeques together, watched sports on TV or talked politics, I did recognize his face, and suddenly the tape stopped on him in uniform. I asked if he’d been in the military back then and he said yes. He also said that he regularly visits “The Half Note.”

Here's the one picture I have, taken in the apartment complex where we all lived a lifetime ago.

Thanks for saying hello, it was great to see you, it really was.

No comments: