Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fact #2, 324

During my teenage years, my father would receive invitations in the mail to attend television network parties. But having no interest in Hollywood, (aside from the paychecks,) he always threw the invitations in the trash. Sometimes my girlfriends and I would fish them out, put on our best outfits and attend the parties ourselves. One such time Michael Landon approached us and asked how it felt to be party crashers.

He wasn't as nice in person as he seemed to be on the Prairie.

2 comments:

Dina said...

Katie,

My Dad felt the SAME way and it drove me nuts!!! Everytime there was a wrap party my dad didn't want to go ( clock in & clock out) I used to beg him to stay for the party on certain occassions and the ones he didn't , me & my girlfriend would go anyway...if I knew you during those times, I woulda been there crashing parties with you!

Thanks for the memories!

Katie Bowen said...

Dina,

I knew you'd relate to this one!