Friday, May 11, 2007

The way things aren't

I recently had one of my teeth filled and this afternoon when I looked in the mirror, I noticed that when I smiled I could see that big old metal filling right there messing up my face. I phoned the dentist, spoke to the receptionist and told her I needed to come in as soon as possible, that this ugly filling was going to make me miserable and that perhaps I should exchange it for one made of porcelain. She took down my number and said the dentist would call me back right away. I hung up the phone, went back to the mirror and opened my mouth to investigate further. But it didn't look so much like a filling this time, no, not like a filling at all. In fact, it looked more like a piece of lettuce from that Cesar salad I had for lunch today.

It was.

3 comments:

Reverend Shawn said...

Oh Vanity, thy name is Katie !!!

Dina said...

99 bottles of beer on the wall....(hic) KATIE , your sooo cute!!

Katie Bowen said...

Hey Rev, I resemble that remark!

Thank you Dina, I knew a fellow Leo woman would understand. (hic!)