Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Salad daze

One time my friend Tai and I were preparing a meal and she was in charge of the salad. As I put a pot of water on the stove, I noticed her holding a piece of lettuce between her delicate fingers. She tore the lettuce, then took that piece and tore it, then took that piece and tore it again. I was mesmerized as she feverishly tore each piece of lettuce into minuscule pieces and tossed them into the bowl. When I inquired about her method, she confessed that when she was a little girl, her mother hardly tore the lettuce at all, leaving her to chew on big, awkward and unmanageable pieces.

1 comment:

shaniqua said...

dang it all! i was craving salad for 3 days straight and ate a lot of it. i thought i'd be ok today, but with all this lettuce talk...i'm not.