Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sitting at the sidebar

The Recado Bossa Nova is a piece of music that no matter what, puts me in a great mood. Not just because of its obvious playful nature; for me it’s all about progression, how it twists and when it turns.

Hank Mobley
brilliantly sets it up on tenor sax, and I love the moment Lee Morgan blows that first note on trumpet. Once Morgan is done tearing it up, I'm left with a huge smile on my face, suspended in a state of musical bliss. There’s also a great solo by Harold Mabern on piano, and with Billy Higgins on drums, it’s a quick trip around the world.

Turn this one way up, there's just no other way to do it.

1 comment:

Reverend Shawn said...

Oh YEAH !!!!
This is a GREAT piece of music ... At the Half Note just keeps getting better and better!!!!

Yeah for Jazz !!