Monday, August 20, 2007

I live in a small town

Today I was mailing a letter on the corner of 41st and Madison, when I had a sudden desire to call my brother Danny. I dialed his cellphone and we talked a while.

"Let me call you right back, " he said a few minutes later, "I'm just getting out of a cab."

"Where are you?" I asked.

He replied, "41st and Madison."

"I'm on 41st and Madison!" I exclaimed, and just then I saw his taxi pull up and out he came. We embraced, stood on the corner and talked, then suddenly I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Katie?"

I turned around and it was my friend Lizzie.

I just love living in a town of 8 million.

4 comments:

cddstamps said...

Hi.. really think you have a brilliant blog.. I was in New York last week.. was walking along Broadway.. at Times Sq. back to my hotel.. My daughters were out shopping.. somewhere.... then who should I meet.. my daughters.. yes we were in same city together but hey yes it is a lovely feeling... Michael.. Sydney Australia

Katie Bowen said...

Dear Michael,

I'm working on 42nd Street, you should have emailed me, I would have come down and said hello. (next time then)

I hope you and your girls had a nice stay in our little town, and I do hope you got yourselves out of Times Square!

I'm so glad you like the blog, thank you.

Love,

Katie

Reverend Shawn said...

AWESOME !!!! What a great story.
Thanks for sharing it ...

cddstamps said...

Katie, Hi.. yes I should have said hello.. was going to write and ask for jazz club recommendations.. you play some excellent tracks.. but I was shy LOL... .. wont ramble on about music other than to say keep the tunes coming.. saw a Michael Brecker CD the other day for a few $$.. what an insult I thought... :-) did you know he played with James Taylor.. anyway I did get some clubs.. a friend is a jazz musician ...but never made it to any.. time too short a stay.. people to see etc.. had to sleep as well occassionally... Love NY and next time will tell you I am there... yes got out of Times Square.. often,.. Central Park of course as one of my daughters had not been before.. and Canal Street and Greenwich V. and more.

Best wishes ... Michael