Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In my dreams

Last night I dreamed I showed my short film, Cold Tea to a group of people. The film went on and on; sped-up images of desert sandstorms, Spanish architecture, otters swimming in streams and a woman riding a bicycle alongside a moving train. Although none of the scenes or characters were recognizable to me, I continued to accept it as the film I made, all the while waiting for it to change. Finally, at the end, as the group stood looking at me perplexed, I called David from my cell phone and asked what had happened to our film.

"Oh! You must have gotten a copy of the film festival outtakes!" he said.

When I hung up and explained this to the group, they showed no interest in spending another 8 minutes of their time watching the real copy of the film, and I was left feeling angry and rejected.

No comments: