Thursday, January 24, 2008

Non-stop flight

I've said it before and I'll say it again: my father told me the best time to do something is when you're afraid, and so far he's not been wrong.

I've got a new set of wings and they're begging for a test-run, telling me I belong to no one but myself. And though I feel the pull, though I'm answering the call, I also want to stay right here and never make a move.

Tomorrow the Half Note flies away and returns a week later, but you know me; I might find myself standing on top of the red rocks of Sedona, wanting to let you know just how those wings are working.

Let's see.

2 comments:

Dina said...

Katie, I'm the same way, in my mind, I WANT to wisk off to go snowboarding in Vail, see a Broadway show in NY, but when I CAN do those things...fear always makes me want to stay in my comfort zone. I love that your Dad said that!

Enjoy, can't wait to hear all about it girl!!

runnerfrog said...

Have a great vacation.