Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hush little ego

Me: "I can't accept that I have to share the earth with other women."

David shrugs.

Me: "I can't accept that a man I want will want other women, that I will never be the only attractive and interesting woman on the planet."

David: "Listen, there's Humphrey Bogart and there's Jimmy Stewart. There's room for both of them."

Me: "But they're men."

David: "OK., so there's Katharine Hepburn and Brigitte Bardot."

Me: "I want to be Brigitte Bardot."

David: "My point is this, there's room for all of them. There's room for Spiderman and Superman, and there's room for Katie Bowen. There's room for you."

1 comment:

Tricia Rose said...

For the error bred in the bone
Of each woman and each man
Craves what it cannot have,
Not universal love
But to be loved alone.