Monday, March 24, 2008

Rolling over

I remember the "old days," when commercials first started being shown during preview time at the movies. Back then it was an outrage, and with the uttering of hisses and boos and popcorn tossed at the screen, audiences let their disapproval be known. But as time went by we got kind of used to the commercials, they weren't so bad after all, and some even possessed a bit of artistic value, don't you think?

The other day I was in the car with my friend Bruce and he said, "Looks like gas is cheaper here than where I live." I glanced at the Shell station sign.

"Wow!" I heard myself say. "$3.01 per gallon, that's not bad!"

And in that moment I realized the commercial had played long enough for me, not only to adapt, but to actually start seeing the value of being ripped off.

1 comment:

CJGallegos said...

We were on the road this weekend. We came across a station with gas for $3.31. Wow! we said. Most of the other places we'd seen were all$3.59. We filled the tank,really happy with our good luck. Problem was: I accidently pressed the "premium key" and we ended up paying $3.79.