Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Early to bed

For some reason, the clock in my body thought the party was on again this morning at four (and you know what they say about 4:00 am.). I brushed my teeth because I can't even be alone without a clean mouth, put on Bill Evans because he's right at any hour, and made a cup of tea because coffee would leave no question as to how the following few hours would unfold.

I tried to read but my eyes said no, I checked emails but couldn't reply. When I returned to bed and contemplated love in ways it might present itself to me, and the ways in which it has presented itself to me, unlike Bill Evans, it was ineffective.

It's 5:30 now, and you know what they say about 5:30. Nothing. It's when people brush their teeth, start the coffee and get themselves ready to go to jobs they hate. But for me, at least today, I'll read a few pages, sleep a bit more until the clock in my body says the party is starting, it's another day.

1 comment:

CJGallegos said...

I don't get "you city people". If I stayed up all night I'd be hospitilized. You're a wild bunch!