Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Legend in my own mind

When I first did a google search for my name, I was shocked to find there were--now brace yourselves--other Katie Bowens.

There are Katie Bowens in the Midwest and Katie Bowens in the South, there are Katie Bowen athletes and Katie Bowen prom queens.

I wondered what life could possibly be like for the other Katie Bowens, I wondered if they shared anything in common. And as I carefully studied each photograph, I found it--an inexplicable emptiness, an unidentifiable pain that surely must come from living the life of a Katie Bowen who, regardless of her beauty and poise, athletic or academic success, is destined to live in my shadow--without knowledge or awareness, without a hope or a prayer.

See for yourself.

Katie Bowen
Katie Bowen
Katie Bowen

Katie Bowen

Katie Bowen

7 comments:

CJGallegos said...

How can this be? (I do kind of like the lake shot though.)

Anonymous said...

well at least they got a cool name? rw

Anonymous said...

I found your blog when I was searching for Katie Bowen, who I went to college with (San Francisco, 1995) I never found my Katie Bowen, but I've been a dedicated reader of your blog for over a year now!

Katie Bowen said...

Coop--At least she LOOKS happy beside the lake, poor girl.

Tai--Your sympathetic soul is just one of the reasons I love you.

Anonymous--I hope since finding my blog, you've put all silly notions of the other Katie Bowen completely out of your mind. Thanks for reading, sincerely, I'm touched.

AMGallegos said...

I think the one thing they all have in common is that they are all apparently women. What a coincidence! And speaking of coincidences, check this out (scroll down to the band bios):
Entropy Rock

runnerfrog said...

Katie Bowen seems to be a existential matryoshka doll. The universal design paradigm is an eternal puzzle.
I guess that if you peel the outer layer off the onion-structure of the Katie Bowen personality you'll always get a similar layer too.
Nature is a crazy scientist.

Katie Bowen said...

rf-- When you come to New York, we'll have to discuss this in more depth. Existential matryoshka doll, yes, I think I see what you mean.