Friday, December 26, 2008

Sitting at the sidebar

A couple of years ago I was terribly heart broken, and my friend Tai emailed me a list of things I should not be doing. The first thing on the list was exactly what I was doing when I received the list--listening to music that made it worse.

Today I am not in the throes of romantic love, but I am in an unusual and unfamiliar place. It's where confusion and clarity are mixed together, anticipation of the unknown, concern for what's real, and for the first time, the keeping of grief at a distance because a dear friend has died.

I don't want to open the door of sorrow today, I almost feel as if I can't. So in the meantime, I'll leave this song at the sidebar, the one I play only when heartbroken.

For James Eric. I will miss you.

No comments: