Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sitting at the sidebar

There's a change taking place in me. At first I fought it tooth and nail and held on for dear life--but now I see it's needed. The hopelessly romantic girl is growing up, letting go of old beliefs and using new tools to create the next scene. But now the hard part--how to edit out the stuff that dreams are made of, and keep the stuff that's at the core--the stuff that love is made of. Not reel-love, but real love.

There's something about being in love that makes me weak, and I always want to feel that. I always want to feel for a man what I feel in this song, only now I want to make sure that after I've been swept away, I am safely delivered back to myself, and that after I've been knocked off my feet, I am left standing on solid ground.

Click the sidebar to listen.

No comments: