Wednesday, July 04, 2012

In my dreams

Last night I dreamed I was being held captive by a man who I soon discovered had stolen a human heart. I found the heart hidden behind a plank in the wall of the little room in which I was trapped, and once it was in my hand, I laid down on the floor by the door.

Stand up, I kept telling myself. If you don't stand up, when he discovers you have the heart, he's going to kill you.

I suddenly found myself outside of the house in the night. I had the heart in one hand, a set of keys in the other, and I ran toward a metal gate that surrounded the compound. I fumbled with the keys until I realized there was no lock-I was free to go, but my car was gone-my captor had taken it so I wouldn't get far.

3 comments:

Reverend Shawn said...

Hola!!!

You been reading Edgar Allen Poe??

Sounds like a modern twist on "The Tell Tale Heart" ... run with it, bet you could get it published!!

xox

Katie Bowen said...

Lol-I haven't, Rev! xxo

AMGallegos said...

...or Murakami, especially Kafka on the Shore or The Wind-up Bird Chronicle.