Monday, March 13, 2006

From Oakland to Oakley

Tai has been my friend since I was 11 and we survived our teenage years together in Hollywood. Many times, while standing before my parents, wishing them good night then retiring to my room, there would be a full set of clothes under my nightgown. Tight jeans and a hideous florescent green tube top or something of that nature. I had a balcony that was fortuitously positioned next to a tree and would stand on it looking down, waiting to spot the flickering headlights of Tai’s orange pick-up truck. And when I did I would tear off the nightgown, grab my lipstick and platform sandals, climb down the tree, and off we’d go for a night of cruising the Strip, blasting the radio, laughing hysterically, and flirting with cute boys in passing cars.

Now we ride horses and we cruise the trails. We still like cute boys, and after thirty years together, we have much to laugh about.

Here's Tai when she visited from Oakland this past fall. (Click for large image)

No comments: