Friday, July 06, 2007

The uh oh zone


After Annie and I left the bookstore today, we walked to the car to drive to the toy store about a half mile away.

Annie: "Mom, let's walk there."

Me: "No Annie, let's just drive."

Annie: "But Mom, that's contributing to global warming, and it's just going to ruin the ozone layer!"

Me: "But honey, it's so hot today."

Annie: "That's my point! That's exactly why it's so hot! Because the ozone layer is being ruined by people who are driving to the toy store when they could be walking!"

5 comments:

Ponygecko said...

didn't Oscar Wilde say 'youth is wasted on the young?'

Walking is so much harder when you're old enough to choose not to.

I'm just in awe that you would live in NYC and own a car. That's dead ballsy.

Katie Bowen said...

pg: I think that was George Bernard Shaw. (And the only reason I know that is because my theatre-director mother just quoted him to me last week.)

Whaddya mean? I LOVE driving in New York! We don't follow rules, we get in each other's way, we honk, we yell, we flip each other off then blow kisses. It's a hard driving life and I'd have it no other way.

xox

CJGallegos said...

It gives me the vapors just thinking about driving in NYC!

Katie Bowen said...

Californians! The lot of you!

Dina said...

fun to have someone soo brilliant huh?!